Eva Lou, I am so sorry about the pneumonia!
Honestly, if I were you, I would go for surgery. And if I can't get off of Remicade in the next year or two, I'm planning to have surgery; I can't imagine taking these scary drugs for the rest of my life. Sometimes I wish I had not canceled my surgery. But I can understand why you're hesitant. It's a huge decision and you'd be kinda taking a leap into the unknown. And then you still have worry about pouchitis once you get the j-pouch. It's like, some times I want to have surgery just to get it over with (b/c I'm pretty sure I'll need it in the future), but other times I feel like dealing with the disease is better than taking a risk.
I hope you start feeling better soon and get closer to a decision about this DD!
Female, Age 20
9 Asacol, Rowasa, 1000 mg Canasa, Proctofoam, Rifaximin 2/day
Digestive Advantage (Crohn's & Colitis), 1 Florastor, 50 mg 6MP, 1 Primadophilus reuteri, Remicade (5 infusions), 2.4 g Lialda, 1 Forvia, 6 Colazal/day, 1 Anucort, Culturelle, Fish Oil, Calcium/Vit D supplement