Remicade canceled...due to cold.

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Regular Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 172
   Posted 1/17/2009 9:29 AM (GMT -6)   
Ok,  my son was due to have his 3rd Remi infusion yesterday,  but when he got there, they would not give it to him due to a cold he has had for about a week now.  He has no fever or sneezing,  just head congestion that drips down his throat and causes hoarseness and cough.  He isn't taking any medicine, but I got him Zicam swabs for his nose.  He also does steam inhalation,,, nothing is helping.
Seems to be hanging on.   Is it ok that he missed this third infusion?  He had one, then two weeks later had the 2nd, and 4 weeks later was supposed to have this one. They said they'd do it next week if his cold is gone.   Now, it was just the nurse at the infusion center that told him this and I don't know if she informed his doctor.  I'll have to wait till monday to call the office.  But,,just wondered if anyone ever had this problem, and would skipping this infusion through him off or mess him up.                                               My hubby got over his cold quickly and I didn't get much of one.  But my sons is hanging on.
Once again,,,thanks for any input.  It is always good to hear from people who went thru this.

Veteran Member

Date Joined Dec 2008
Total Posts : 511
   Posted 1/17/2009 3:28 PM (GMT -6)   
It's okay to have missed this infusion...I think it was the third I missed as well due to a staph infection and hospitalization.

He can take Mucinex...I get the sinus one and each time I start having a runny nose or headache that could be associated with my sinuses I take a double dose. : ) I hope he gets better.

They will reschedule his treatment for as soon as his runny nose is cleared up. It is very dangerous to have the infusion with any kind of infection in the body.

: ) Robin
Dx-May 2007  Asacol-2400mg bid  Prednisone-20mg  Remicade-5 Tx
Paxil-40mg  Prilosec-bid  Multivitamin  Moderate/Severe Pancolitis
28 year old Mommy of a 1 year old and a Wife for almost 2 years!
Life has never been so sweet!  I appreciate the small things in life...the little joys that occur every second of every day.  Though we struggle and have crazy complications, nothing can over ride our love and happiness.
Meeting with a surgeon next week...and hopefully scheduling the surgery by the end of the month!

Elite Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 10407
   Posted 1/17/2009 6:01 PM (GMT -6)   
I had to cancel my last one because I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection. I rescheduled it for 2 weeks later.
Moderate to severe left-sided UC (21 cm) diagnosed 2001.
Avascular necrosis in both shoulders is my "forever" gift from Entocort.
Colazal,  Remicade, Nature's Way Primadophilus Reuteri. In remission since April, 2006.
"My life is an ongoing medical adventure"
Co-Moderator UC Forum
Please remember to consult your health care provider when making health-related decisions.

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:37 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,676 posts in 329,376 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161843 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Shield of pistis.
340 Guest(s), 9 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Mustapha, M60 tanker, Rainy cloud, HeartsinPain, Tredye, Pratoman, Chutz, Envsciguy, Cajun Jeff