maybe few of us could start Yoga together so that we can tell our experiences to each other and find out if it is working- m putting the link below. I have tried it earlier & it helped me - i used to feel full of energy... but those days i was healthy & didn't have UC !
i know a few important points we need to know regarding yoga:
1) do it empty stomach - best is early morning before breakfast ( ofcourse after u have emptied your stomach :-D) or evening at around 4-5 pm(atleast 4 hrs after lunch)... if possible in fresh air, it's fine as it is too cold these days to sit in fresh air - we'll freeze!
2) this is different than normal yoga of poses/exercises - it is a breathing exercise - prayanam ( no wonder he says - fresh air)... & in the end it has some exercises as well - he claims u will be disease free if you do it regularly(all that he is doing on this link)- let's check it out
they say it rejuvinates your body cells with the amount of oxygen u intake while breathing.
3) Do not eat anything atleast for 1/2 (half an hour) after yoga.
4)IMPORTANT: the breathing exercise where we have to throw the air out of our body through our nostrils - for UC people- do it SLOW dnt overexert.. he also says that this is best for UC but should be done slowly - just throw the air out and the stomach will squeeze a little(move inside a little-this will happen automatically - u do not need to pull it in-dnt pull your stomach in, let it go itself)-just put your palm on your stomach and check if it is moving in-then u r fine)
4)AVOID the prayanam where he pulls his stomach back -Bahya Pranayam & Agnisar (points3 & 4 in translation link) - i dnt plan to do it : we have UC let's not do it... once we get better we can try it!
5) Start slowly.. maybe just 10 minutes for first few days... 30 minutes... then 1hour .... :-D
6)For woman-skip those few days when u r having periods!
7) try to keep your back straight, infact if u r not too well u can even sit on a chair.
IMPORTANT: avoid if u r pregnant - not that u should'nt do... but i m not sure if u can!
If u do not feel good doing it, then dnt continue - either not suiting ur condition or either u not able to do it correctly!
So this is all i know, i used to feel good doing it, started today- felt good again - let's see if it helps cure my UC ( i hv not started with exercises yet! just the few breathing exercise)
Finally the link (it's not in english - i was trying to find english version but i think it's not available for free! (if anyone finds it pls post) also posting the english translation of what he is doing
since Nov'2008:Mucus & Blood in stools, Gas, Constipation sometimes - No D !
Visited GI first time in Jan'09 first week, followed by Sigmoidoscopy/biopsy next week, results show mild inflammation in lower part of colon-advised Canasa suppository.
Post Edited (saposs) : 1/21/2009 7:50:28 PM (GMT-7)