This is an unofficial poll. Curiosity is striking me again
And in case you didn't know, I am just the curious sort of person! So I am interested in knowing:
1. When did you first start having symptoms and also at what age?
2. How long did you let your symptoms go before seeing a doctor about it?
3. How long have you had it since being diagnosed?
Here are my answers:
1. I was 21, just had my son when I noticed blood in my stool. I thought it was hemmeroids so I didn't think much about it. The blood came and went. Then the D started and the left sided pain. So I went in to a proctologist, still thinking it was hemmies. He took a quick peek and said I need to see a GI because he thinks I have Uc, just by visual. I guess it was pretty bad.
2. So basically I let the symptoms go on for over a year before I went to the proctologist and then to the GI.
3. I was officially diagnosed at 22 and I am 39 now. So come this spring, it will be 17 years for me.
Moderator for Allergies/Asthma and Co-moderator for UC
~Left sided Uc-'92-Colazal(9 daily),6mp(50-100mgs),Bentyl, Prilosec,Biotin,Forvia,Pro-Bio**Unable to tolerate Asacol, Rowasa or Canasa**~Year-round allergies-Singulair, Zyrtec~Secondary Reynauds Syndrome-'04-Norvasc~Sacroiliitis-epidural injections~bulging and herniated discs C5/C6 & C6/C7~3 epidural injections-worked great!, OA in my fingers -Celebrex and Tylonel Arthritis
To help Healingwell - click here: DONATE