I hope it's ok to just post.
I have had UC for 10 years, was controlled with Pentesa supportistory until November, I went into a major flare where I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks, they went throught lots of different medication, finally started presidone and Remicade and it has been fine.
I have had 2 Remicade infusions, my 3rd was sheduled for last week but I have come down with some sort of lung and sinus infection, they thought it was pneonmia, but it is not and I spent 5 days back in the hospital last week, they did a lung bioposy and are waiting for results. They have me on two more antibotics for some sort of bacterial infection.
Again I will have to delay the Remicade. My anxiety is through the roof not wanting to have another flare.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? Will I need to go for the surgery? I called my Gastro dr this morning to explain everything and he said he can't see me till next Monday.
Thanks so much.