Again I understand,totally where your both coning from,my GI has has arranged a scope for next thursday and a chat with the surgeon,He arranged this last friday as I am anemic again,inflamatory markers are up to from nil to 24,and like you I have a carpet of polyps so my doc is saying its a case of when I have the surgery not if,a few months ago he offered me remicade,but I refused now hIe is saying he dosent want me to try it now and that it is only for crohns patients really.The strange thing is my colitis is actually not that bad at the momment,my main problem is extreme tiredness,and gennerally feeling unwell well anyway like ,you I work my life around it,but then I was rushed into hospital a year ago and narrowly escape having an emergency op,and that time I was'nt feeling as bad as I had been the year before.I don't know what to do I admire you both I'm trying to be brave and look at the situation logically but I just can't there is a voice inside me screaming run for the hills I don't know if its just fear.
Also I can't help thinking if I hang on as long as I can some new treatment may come along,although I may not have that choice and elective surgery would probably be better than waiting for an emergency situation I just can't see myself signing up for that,also if I have probs after the op or something goes wrong I'll be always blamming myself for not listening to my inner voice.
sorry for going on,one question,for you both did neither of you try imuran,its worked quite well for me so far keeping the worst symptoms at bay.
Yep, I had tried imuran, i couldn't tolerate it at all. When I'd take it, within a half an hour, I'd vomit everything in my stomach up. I"m glad its working for ya!!