I realized I'd never updated after my GI appointment on Friday! Anyway, he's pleased with my reaction to pred (and the fact I had no side effects other than the munchies) and that I gained some weight back. Since my interview is at the end of next week and I don't want to risk getting bad again, I'm taking 10mg of pred every other day until I'm back from it, then I can just quit. He wants to see me again at the first of June, and if I'm still doing well then, we'll come up with a plan to taper the Rowasa and Asacol and figure out what my maintenance dose will be.
I asked him about Lialda, but he wanted to wait and get me off of pred first, see how I do, and not do anything to rock the boat for the moment. He couldn't imagine that Lialda wouldn't work for me as well as Asacol, but he thought it was best to just play it safe for now.
Symptoms began in November 2008, ~4 weeks after giving birth to my son.
Eased for ~3 weeks in December, possibly b/c of probiotic use?
Returned in January 2009 (with a vengeance), diagnosed with pancolitis on January 30.
Currently taking Asacol (400mg 4 pills 3x daily), Rowasa nightly,
40mg 30mg 20mg 15mg 10mg of Prednisone (quick taper), Culturelle probiotic, and Zoloft (25 mg).