I knew it was too good to be true. After 6 fantastic months of remission, I'm starting to flare again. Can't see that there's any reason why; nothing has changed in terms of my habits. But that's just the way it is, I guess.
So, it's been two weeks or so and I'm desperate to get this under control quickly. So far no blood, just D 1-2 times a day. Here's what I'm doing... or planning to do as of today:
1) increased my dose of Lialda (my doctor's rec)
2) already started Cortifoam 2 x a day (my doctor said cortenema every other day, which I'll try)
3) keeping up with my exercise
4) getting a lot of sleep
5) starting taking Lomotil again
6) sticking with the foods that I've had good luck with in the past
I suppose I could start something I've never tried before, like tumeric or aloe vera juice, but I'm not sure I want to try something new in case it makes me worse.
I hope that just by saying all this "out loud" here, I'm committing myself to a good regimen and it will have some extra good effect.
Any other ideas about how to stop this before it gets bad?
UC for the last ten years
Current Meds: 6MP since 2006, Lialda, Asacol foam, Lomotil
Past Meds: You name it; I've tried it. (Asacol, Colazol, Pentasa, DiPentum, Rowasa, Canasa, Cortenema, sulfasalazine, Cortifoam)
Alternative treatments I have had success with: Acupuncture, Hypnotherapy