If it's covered by your policy, they can't deny payment. Unfortunately they sometimes find ways to delay it. Since it is FDA approved, their ability to delay is limited. Call them again next Monday, but if your doctor's office is like mine, they won't schedule until they have the written approval. I have asked the insurance company to fax me a copy of the letter, then in turn I've faxed it to the doctor's office (or driven by and given it to them) before. That can save you a day or two.
Don't panic, I feel sure if you have it a week late it won't have a huge effect. I've had my 8-week infusion as much as 2 weeks late with no problems. I'll get a little more frequency just before, but it clears up after my infusion.
Moderate to severe left-sided UC diagnosed 2001.
Flared for 5 years, finally in remission with Remicade since March 2006.
Avascular necrosis in both shoulders is my "forever" gift from steroids.
Colazal, Remicade, Nature's Way Primadophilus Reuteri.
"My life is an ongoing medical adventure"