about same situation here. I just talked to my NP who is conferring with the doctor this afternoon about continuing 6 MP plus the 25mg. of prednisone. My symptoms are so much better, I feel better, but still have mucous/blood/loose BM sometimes. The NP said as long as I have bleeding the ulcer is open and could easily spread further (it is 30 cm up left side) and I would be in "trouble" and needing surgery or ? I will avoid surgery at all costs until they say I have to have it to save my life. But that is just me!
Senior - New diagnosed with proctosigmoiditis - 6/2008 Tried, Colozal, steroid enemas, etc. - started working but severe side effects occurred. No mesalamines!!
Started on prednisone Feb.7, 2009 - tapering to 20 mg. - upped prenisone to 25mg. on my own (bleeding returned) - 6MP - 50 mg. 2/28/2009
75mg. 6 MP added on 4/8/2009 - waiting for CBC and Prometheus tests
Probiotic Align, Prilosec for GERD, Gas-X, vitamins, Calcium/D
Tylenol for knees and arthritis.