4 a day got me into remission. I noticed a big improvement after taking Lialda about
3-4 days. In March, GI wanted me to drop to 3 Lialda (matience dose) a day after being in remission 8 months. I was scared to at first b/c last flare was hard to get under control, so just did 3 a day for every other day or so then finally started taking 3 a day every day. Well, I still felt fine and was in remission, so I decided on my own I would cut my 6MP back to 50mg per day b/c I hate the possible side-effects anyway. I always thought Liadla did the most to put me into remission. Now I am having flare-like days and normal days. I am back on 4 Lialda a day and 75mg 6MP and started Canasa to try to head this off. It's been about
three weeks and I still have no verdict. If I ever get quiet again we're not changing ANY dosages.
- 26 years old, married, Stay-at-home Mommy to 2 year old daughter
- Ulcerative Colitis since Sept. 2004
- 1st flare Sept-Nov 2004
- 2nd flare Aug. 2007-July 08
- Currently taking:75mg 6MP, 4 Lialda, Loestrin 24, Allergy meds., Digestive Advantage Sustenex, Maxalt when I get a migraine, Zanaflex to prevent migraines, and allergy shots once a month
- 10/6/08 Found a 1cm kidney stone in right kidney. Had the stone blasted and passed the fragments.