I take only sulfasalazine twice a day along with an iron supplement daily(when I manage to remember) and I don't sweat that profusely, but I can sweat from time to time. Sometimes I can tremble. It's worse for me when I'm shopping for groceries. I don't know why, but by the time I'm about to leave my body temp is way up and I start to shake. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to pass out. My vision begins to dim. Usually I will hit the fruit area first and get some bananas. If I feel like this is about to happen to me then I eat one. There's no way anyone will say something to you if you do. Usually I go near the deli counter or the pharmacy so I can get help if I do pass out. I've told someone working there once that I felt as if I may pass out and stayed around them just to be sure. I don't want to pass out and wake up with EMTs in my face so I say this ahead of time so I can just drive home on my own.
That's funny you say that about
the grocery shopping. I get like that, too, and I often feel like I'm so hot and going to pass out in the checkout line by the time I am done.
And I always get the look from the cashier like they feel as if they're about
to be robbed. If I get the look then I tell them that I haven't been feeling well and that's why I'm sweating. They calm down and tell me some story of people that have passed through or that they're hot too, but it's usually because the heaters are pointed on them at the front of the store.
I'm going to bring this up when I visit my doctor on July 8th. I think subdued is right in that it's probably an anemic reaction.
- DXed with "left sided" UC in 1998. DXed with "proctitis" Oct. 2007
- Sulfasalazine 3 500mg tabs twice daily
- 500mg Vitamin C, 1 Multivitamin, L-Glutamine
- Max Acidophillis EC Capsules 350Mg(7 types of bacteria with over 42 billion viable cells) with 50 Mg colostrum & 50 Mg FOS(fructo-oligosaccharides)
- Experimenting with this or that on occasion. Always
open to new ideas.
- Colonoscopies - 2 (Due for my next one ASAP)
- Canasa 1000mg @night. Started Oct. 23, 2008
- Niferex-150 Forte 1 capsule 2x Daily