1. what blood type do you have?
2. food vices?
If I get food cravings, it's for something sweet.
3. What age did you first notice symptoms?
four weeks after giving birth
4. What foods are more soothing during a flare up?
Nothing is soothing, really, but I try to eat low-residue to be kinder to my colon.
5. Does anyone else in your family have UC?
Nope. I have an adopted cousin with Crohn's.
6. Prior to diagnosis, did you do any traveling?
Not often, and I've only been out of the country three times (well, this doesn't count Canada).
7. At first flare up, were you going thru a stressful time?
Hahaha....ask this of any new mommy!
8. please let me know if there are any other important changes that happened just prior to your first flare up.
Childbirth...it's a very common trigger for a flare.
This said, however, don't drive yourself too nuts trying to figure out why this happened, etc. Also, trying to id patterns on this board really isn't that good of an idea. Really, this is a pretty small group, and most of us are on here because we have trouble managing UC. I'm here because I was so, so, so sick during my first (and so far only) flare. Hopefully I'll be lucky and won't have too many problems managing my UC. I plan to sick around regardless, though!
Status: Remission since late May 2009!
Symptoms began in November 2008, ~4 weeks after giving birth to my son.
Diagnosed with pancolitis on 1/30/09
Currently taking Apriso (4 pills ONCE!! daily), Rowasa twice weekly, Natural Factors Ultimate probiotic 12/12 Formula, and Zoloft (25 mg).