1. Blood type: B+
2. Food vices: Nothing that I'd call a vice. But once I moved to the USA (before getting diagnosed) I stopped eating a lot of the fresh foods that I was used to having, and began eating more prepared foods (frozen meals, sandwiches)
After getting diagnosed, I stopped/avoid alcohol, caffeine, milk, sugar, high carb foods, artificial flavoring, preservatives, fruits and fruit juices....!
3. What age did you first notice symptoms: 30
4. What foods are more soothing during a flare up? Soft, well cooked vegetables, avocados and avocado veg sushi rolls, spinach/carrot juice, turmeric rice....
5. Does anyone else in your family have UC: one uncle.
6. Prior to diagnosis, did you do any traveling: I have lived in many different parts of the world (Europe, Africa, Asia) but prior to diagnosis had been in the USA for several years.
7. At first flare up, were you going through a stressful time? I'm normally very laid back and don't get stressed out easily, but did go through an intense, stressful time before getting diagnosed.
8. please let me know if there are any other important changes that happened just prior to your first flare up: Stopped smoking a few months before getting diagnosed. Wasn't a heavy smoker. A few cigs a day.
Rio, 33 year old male. Diagnosed with UC in 2006
100 mg Azathioprine (stopped), 4800 mg Asacol
VSL#3 & Primadophilus Bifidus, Metamucil
Vitamin E enema or Asacol suppository occasionally
Post Edited (Rio in Maryland) : 7/6/2009 3:08:16 PM (GMT-6)