This is the name of my original post last week. As things happen during this long journey, I need your support.
However, just adding to the original post does not seem to be the way to go but when I post I want everybody to know it is me again. I plan to post all through this journey because you are the only support I have next to my son.
So I just used my original title. If this is not the way to do it, please let me know.
What I wanted to tell everybody is this.
1. The cancer will be staged Thursday in the endoscopy room using an endoscopic rectal ultrasound. I talked them into full anesthesia for it! Yay.
2. I had to wait about two months to get into Vanderbilt. during that time I requested all my medical records. I found out hardly any of them arrived. So yesterday, I had to go all over Huntsville Hospital and round them up in person. Remember, I am so weak and short of breath I can hardly take a shower. I had to keep stopping to rest and gasp for air.
3. At the Medical records they gave me about 400 sheets of paper from all the times I had gone in trying to make them pay attention to me.
4. Anyone who read my original post last week knows that a GI came in my room, was backing out the door the whole time and finally said in a louder tone that he had to GO and left. As I read his dictation in medical records, it kept using the word "questionably" The word was used in whether I even had UC or not! I've had it 33 years. It was questionable if I had it as bad as I said. I did not appear very sick (I HAD CANCER) It actually said (hold onto your seat! ) was questionable if I had been on prednisone! Who can miss that?!!!!! It went on. I got upset. The Medical records lady read it and was so appalled by the attitude she called a patient laison. This was a wonderful lady. I only wish I had had her when I was in the hospital there. She asked if she could copy it. I said yes. She said Huntsville Hospital messed up and she was taking this to the Chief of Staff.
5. Vanderbilt is a long way away. If I get something bad, like unbearable pain, I will have to use the local hospital at times. This group of doctors are the only ones I can see here. I hope they aren't made mad.
6. There were about 400 pages and they cost a dollar each. The laison gave them to me for free.
Ulcerative Colitis since about 1976
Pan colitis since at least 1994