I've been on prednisolone since March after a bad flare left me in hospital, since then we have tapered down very slowly whilst trying other 5ASA drugs, as it is i've reacted to them all so they've decided to try me on azathioprin but as of yet haven't started taking it as firstly i was worried, then i didn't want to start it just before going on holiday and then i brought a nasty cold back from holiday so i'm just waiting for that to clear before i take it.
However the cold has set the UC off quite badly again, it's getting worse every day, trouble is my gastro nurse is on holiday until next week and my GP doesn't know much about it so i'm a bit stuck until then! I'm only on 5mg of prednisolone now as that was keeping it mostly at bay but obviously it isn't now, i'm thinking about upping my dose to 10mg and seeing if it helps seen as i can't see anyone until Monday, do you think that's a wise thing to do??
Secondly for the last month i've had blood shot eyes every day, do you think the prednisolone could be causing it or should i see an optition? My GP just thought it was conjunctivitis but we've tried drops and it isn't that.