I know eactly how you feel. I've been on Prednisone since January as well. I was tapering once & started flaring so they bumped me back up to 60 mg again. I started to taper again & was finally able to get off about
2 weeks ago. Now... I'm starting to flare again. It's so incredibly frustrating especially becuase I get the "moon face" very badly & am in my friends wedding in a couple of months. So.. the LAST thing I want to do is go back on. I'm actually very
open to surgery at this point. I think that long-term.. .it's so much safer than prednisone...
- 11/09: Colonosopy & Diagnosed with Pancolitis (put on Asacol & Enemas)
- 1/10: Hospitalized for 4 days b/c of flare (put on Prednisone)
- 1/15 - 2/14: Remission (tapering Prednisone)
- 2/14 - 3/15: Flare
- 3/9: Colonoscopy - Doctor wants to start me on Remicade.
- 3/16: Seeing new doctor:
- Possible Chrone's / Backwashelitis
- Put on 6MP & tapering prednisone
- Current Meds: synthroid, prednisone, asacol, 6MP, oscal, vit D, multivitamin