Thanks for your help! My surgical consult is scheduled for August 2nd, so I am going to give this Sulfa a try while I wait and while I taper off the Prednisone since it is no longer helping. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Regarding the Asacol and Imuran/6mp at the same time... My GI said that the research has shown that with some people (*not all*), the Asacol can prevent the 6mp from being metabolized correctly. They actually think that is what happened with me, and why I had the serious side effects from the 6mp. Apparently, it's emerging research and it only applies to a certain subset of people.
- 6 mp (100 mg per day)
- Asacol (4 pills, 3x per day)- Prednisone (40 mg)
- Rowasa (1 enema daily, as needed)
- Folic Acid (1 mg, 1x per day)
- Calcium (600 mg, 2x per day)
- Multi-Vitamin (1x per day)