Giving it a last ditch effort while going through the Remicade pre-approval and testing process and while simultaneously having a surgical consult for a j-pouch (trying to make a decision between Remicade or surgery)... and am going to start Sulfasalazine tomorrow. My GI thinks it could work, and although it may be a long shot, why not give it a try while I pursue these other courses.
Have any of you had any success with it? Side effects? Issues? I know it's an older drug and not really prescribed much anymore, so I'm not certain if I will get any responses to this.
Thanks in advance!
- 6 mp (100 mg per day)
- Asacol (4 pills, 3x per day)- Prednisone (40 mg)
- Rowasa (1 enema daily, as needed)
- Folic Acid (1 mg, 1x per day)
- Calcium (600 mg, 2x per day)
- Multi-Vitamin (1x per day)