After 8 LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG months on prednisone and a 3 month taper, I'm FREE!
It can be done! Headaches and muscle aches and dizziness and flares - all of it is worth it, I am finally OFF that nasty stuff. Whooo hooooo!! I never thought it would happen, I was starting to think I would be stuck on that stuff for good.
Now I just have to STAY this way.
Diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2006; flare free for 3 years, then baby did me in.
- Remicade (4 week intervals)
- 6-MP 50mg started 5/10
- Lialda, 4x1.2g since 11/09
- Prednisone @ 10mg, tapering off, down from 60mg
- Hospitalized for 8 days in April '10, 2 days in ICU, flagyl cipro and steroids, oh my!
- Meditation, reiki, probiotics and low-gluten diet.
Flaring since 11/09 @ 19 weeks pregnant....Joyfully welcomed David James into the world on 3/6/10.
June 2010 - Looks like the remicade is finally working, cautiously entering remission!! First prednisone will go, then we'll see what else we can get out of the medicine cabinet.