I know this is a old thread but I found it very helpful to me with what I am now going through right now and really didn't know where to start. So here I am and here it is.
I have been on Remicade for over a year now and started to develop some skin issues back in April. I didn't think much about
it at the time but as it started to worsen into Nummular Eczema and now Pustular Psoriasis with inflammation and plaques pretty much all over my legs, arms, and worst or all my feet. Treating my skin with steroids and uvb light was not successful so I finally made the decision with my Dermo's advice to stop my Remicade, which was keeping my U/C symptoms pretty much under control for 3 weeks out of 6 between infusions.
My Gastro Dr. and I did not want to burn the bridge on Remicade so we kept on with it for 3 more months. But it came to a point where I really had no other choice but to stop my Remicade. My skin was starting to crack and we were worried about
infections setting in. This was a heartbreaking decision for me to make, choosing which to save, my feet or my colon.
Anyway, I stopped Remicade and started Entyvio infusion on December 20, 2018 and am hoping I do not flare to bad while I am waiting to see if it will work for my u/c and if my skin issues will eventually disappear now that I am off of Remicade.To bad there are no guarantee's either condition will have a happy ending.
My Gastro Dr. said it may take 6 months for the Entyvio to take full effect. In the mean time if my u/c symptoms get real bad to send him a message and we can start a slow taper of Preds again.
I have to admit. I am scared at this point not knowing how this will all work out.
Thanks everyone for listening and letting me share my feeling here.
Diag: New-10/25/17 Ulcerative pancolitis.
Rx: 10/20/17 Remicade 5mg/kg infusion every 6 weeks. Lialda 3 tabs daily.
Rx:9/28/18 Increased Remicade to 10mg/kg every 6 weeks.
Rx:12/20/18 Stopped Remicade.
Rx:12/20/18 Started Entyvio infusions.
Post Edited (newme22) : 12/29/2018 9:04:11 AM (GMT-7)