Hey Guys. I have lately been feeling down about
my UC and recent C.Diff diagnosis and I have noticed a few other forum members have been feeling the same. For years (even prior to my UC diagnosis) I have recorded down quotations that I find particularly useful, inspirational and applicable to me. Whilst most I have not yet even begun applying to my life, I love just to read them to myself again and again and think over them when I sit idly by myself. I thought I might share a few that I have found most helpful, feel free to share any quotes you have found helpful.
(BTW: Most, if not all the people these quotes are from have gone through life changing experiences. That is why I feel so inspired by their quotes)
1) "I also think that, in a sense then that, this experience as it was, with this rock and this boulder, that it was a blessing… our boulders can be our blessings in life… they can be gifts for us to grow. Epiphany does not exactly equal transformation, I mean you really have to work and sometimes it can be a struggle. But there is something that's there that can be made beautiful out of even the darkest of times."
- Aron Ralston
2) "I want to show people that, big or small, you can get through anything in life if you stick at it and don't let things destroy you… The human spirit is an amazing thing and with positivity I believe you can get through adversity."
- Katie Piper
3) "I figured out, at that moment, that life doesn't happen to you. I realised that I needed to happen to life. That's where happiness comes from."
- Zach Orcutt
4) "Hope is optimism informed by knowledge"
- Christopher Reeve
5) "I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is God's business."
- Michael J. Fox