Being a former teacher and now working in accounting, I couldn't help but crunch the numbers regarding those who gave their answers in my first post, "They Can't Figure Us Out."
1. Number of people who gave feedback: 27
2. Average age of participant with UC: 40 years
3. Average age of participant when diagnosed with UC: 32.8 years
4. Average # of years participants have been living with UC: 7.3 years
5. Oldest age to be diagnosed: 55
6. Youngest age to be diagnosed: 18
7. Hair color most associated with having UC:
* Brown 63%
* Blonde 22%
* Black 11%
* Red 4%
8. Eye color most associated with having UC:
* Brown 37%
* Blue 33%
* Hazel 22%
* Green 7%
* 1% off due to rounding
9. Percentage of participants whose parents also have/had UC or another IBD: 4%
10. Percentage of participants whose sibling(s) also have/had UC or another IBD: 4%
9. Percentage of reporting individuals who also suffer from another auto-immune disease: 33%
10. Of the 1/3 who also have another auto-immune disease:
* 44% have asthma
* 33% have psoriasis
* 22% have arthritis
* 22% have eczema
* 11% have enometriosis
* 11% have uveitis
* 11% have Pemphigus erythanatosis
11. For the 1/3 of the participants who have another auto-immune disease, this one came first:
* psoriasis 33%
* asthma 22%
* Grave's disease 11%
* Uveitis 11%
* endometriosis 11%
* Pemphigus erthanatosis
12. For the 1/3 of the participants who have another auto-immune disease, this one is the most severe:
* UC 73%
* Grave's disease 9%
* Arthritis 9%
* Pemphigus erythanatosis 9%
13. The reasons we believe we have gotten UC are as follows:
* Genetics 17%
* Antibiotic use 15%
* Stress 12%
* Not sure/unknown 12%
* Other 46% (read each post for the specifics)
Here are some new questions:
1. Did you already post your answers in the previous post? (If Yes, I can compare your new answers to your old post....if no, please answer these questions and the ones at the bottom of the new questionnaire)
2. What is your sex?
3. What is your ethnicity?
4. What is your blood type?
5. Are you lactose-intolerant?
6. Do you have any other food allergies (i.e. gluten, etc.)
7. What am I missing? Any other questions you can add?
Questions for new people to answer in addition to the above:
2. Age diagnosed with UC:
3. Hair color:
4. Eye color:
5. Do/did either of your parents suffer from UC or another IBD?
6. Do/did any of your siblings suffer from UC or another IBD?
7. Do you have any other auto-immune diseases?
8. If yes, what are they:
9. Which auto-immune disease came first?
10. Which auto-immune disease is the most severe:
11. What do you think caused your UC?: