Young Indian Citizen
There are a few other things that would help, IMO:
1) Can you talk to your doctor about rectal meds, like canasa suppositories or enemas?
2) Slippery elm bark powder - a couple times a day.
3) L-Glutamine 15 grams to help with colonic repair.
4) omega 3 or krill oil - 2 grams per day.
5) Check out 5-LOXIN, it's an anti-inflammatory.
6) Make sure to get your Vitamin D3 levels checked via blood work, as there is a strong connection between low D3 levels and IBD.
7) Good probiotics, like VSL#3 - which contains 450 billion active cultures.
8) Have you thought about Transdermal LDN? It's very effective too. If you need the links, I'll be glad to post them for you.
9) Keep a food journal - so you can see what agrees and disagrees with you, and see the correlations.
10) Try the SCD diet - specific carbohydrate diet, and if that's too rigorous, then do dairy and wheat free.
11) Lastly, look into food combining, or rather mis-food combining. Here's a good explanation of it:
12) Are you drinking enough good clean water?
Dx with UC in Sept. 2010.Tried various Mesalamine enemas/suppos/pills with Prednisone for several rounds without any help.Diet consists of mostly only protein: protein shakes w/almond milk, Liquid Minerals& Vitamins,Maca powder,L-Glutamine 15g, D-Ribose 5g, chia seeds,5-Loxin.VSL#3,K2,VIt. D3 100,000 IU every 10 days.Canasa suppos. as maintenance. But Transdermal LDN is working!!