Yes you should see your doctor.
But here are my questions:
1) you said you had MS, which was also in a flare - why not give LDN (low dose naltrexone) a try? Not only will it help you with the UC, but with your MS too.
I've read so many stories from real people, some who were wheelchair bound who started LDN and were able to progress to walker then to a cane. If you need more info
on LDN, I'd be glad to post it for you.
2) What diet are you on? Many times if you can control your diet by cutting out dairy and wheat, that in it of itself will make a big difference. Of course, the ideal diet would be SCD.
3) Add L-Glutamine 15 grams for colonic repair>
4) Are you on any probiotics? VSL #3 is especially formulated for UC, with 450 billion active cultures.
5) Have you been checked for vit. d deficiency? There'a link between IBD and low vit. d
What do you think?
Dx with UC in Sept. 2010.Tried various Mesalamine enemas/suppos/pills with Prednisone for several rounds without any help.Diet consists of mostly only protein: protein shakes w/almond milk, Liquid Minerals& Vitamins,Maca powder,L-Glutamine 15g, D-Ribose 5g, chia seeds,5-Loxin.VSL#3,K2,VIt. D3 100,000 IU every 10 days.Canasa suppos. as maintenance. But Transdermal LDN is working!!