Everyone gets 'afraid to eat' because you begin to suspect everything. 1st time I barely ate but tried SCD very late and salmon and I went to hospital while on high prednisone anyway.
From that I learned to 'eat my way thru a flare'. Eat and DRINK water.
I have been successful by eating only salmon. Fever, bleeding, lethargic but had to work an 18 hour saturday deploying stuff for a google earth satellite imaging company. Tues-Friday I ate salmon until I was ready to vomit. This is how I got out of the hospital the first time, ordering salmon and plain yogurt only. So in addition to 4 days of salmon I probably had plain yogurt. LOTS of water. I also forced myself to come home from work and go directly to bed for 8 full hours.
Saturday rolled around and I felt strong enough to take whatever my stimulant of choice was and worked the 18 hour day and made great critical decisions. I was exhausted at the end. Lingering non-solid poop continued after that for a couple months as I experimented with other stuff.
Last time I switched meds as Dr agreed I was headed to hospital, LIBRAX and sulfasalazine ended the painful bleeding by nightfall. I had been on high dose prednisone and it was not working. I avoided the hospital and focused on anti-inflammatory foods.
Many times I have the beginnings of flare with fever and urgency and I go right to the salmon and shut it down. Farm raised is fine, at it twice this week.
If I were to flare right now, knowing what I know now I would :
Anti-inflammatory diet + key supplements
- Hydrate like crazy ( I use pure water from vitamin cottage, have to add electrolytes using ULTIMA powder )
- Coconut water cans the ones on sale 24 oz 1.50 each
- Salmon after spinach salad every night
- Hard boiled eggs for breakfast
- Oats with cinnamin no sugar for lunch
- Justins almond butter and honey for lunch
- Plain yogurt or vanilla Chobani or fruit yogurt dont eat the fruit ( it flavors the plain part well enough )
- Clay, Psyllium Seed Powder, Curcumin
- Forgot to mention I would also use VSL#3DS, vitamin D3
- Apple Pectin, spinach
I think that would do it, half of that list has halted flares many times.
Post Edited (aguywithuc) : 5/18/2012 11:53:53 AM (GMT-6)