Yeah, we may have lots of options...but not all of us choose them all.
Thoreau...I think quality of life is what you need to look at, and it's great that the Remi is giving you remission from UC symptoms. Are there any other treatments for Mono out there that could help with your symptoms while on Remi?
Don't know if that's feasible, however...
I'm going to suggest the L-Lysine again, have you looked into that?
Regarding going down the path of surgery (I only meant looking into process and consultation as summerstorm suggested), it's understandable you'll put it on hold since you are having a reprieve from UC symptoms, but you have nothing to lose to find out info in a proactive way.
I did the L-lysine quite a bit. My bottle is about
empty now. I could get another bottle and try it out steadily again. I can't say if it helped or not before, but I definitely took a lot of them!
I think the best treatment for my symptoms is just rest. I can feel dead one day, and almost normal the next. I can only think it must partially be the way and amount of rest I get.
I'll talk to my GI doctor about
getting a consult with a couple surgeons at my next appt in 6 weeks. I plan on regularly seeing my GI doctor every month now, and pushing strongly for any and all options and paths available.
Thank you for always listening.