Posted 1/26/2013 9:08 AM (GMT -7)
Yes, I tried it, no effect whatsoever.
My migraines started around same time as UC. The details of what I did are as follows
- Naproxen 400mg, abortive, as and when needed, worked like charm, discontinued as it resulted in Ulcerative colitis flare
- Ibuprofen 400mg, same as Naproxen. It worked for almost a year without flare though
- Metoprolol 200mg/day, prophylactic, didn't work at all,
- Topamax, don't remember the dose, prophylactic, didn't work, ended up with a kidney stone
- All triptan derivatives as abortives, none of them worked
- Fioricet, abortive, did not work
- Dolgic Plus, abortive, did not work
- Verapamil, 320mg/day, prophylactic, got migraines under control
- Nabumetone, 750mg, abortive, works with slow effect, does not lead to colitis flare (so far)
- Butterbur - No effect
- feverfew - No effect
- CoQ10, 400mg, no effect
- A combination of Mg-Citrate and Vit B2, 400mg each daily. After 3 months now, I see that the ferocity of migraine has reduced a lot and I get a lot of window to take an abortive. Usually I get migraine once a week which is more like a dull pain nowadays, instead of throbbing pain.
- My levator scapula muscle was very tight so I massaged it with Life-flo Magnesium oil and it has helped a lot (so now I am wondering if its the muscle tightness causing all this mess or there is indeed something else going on). DW is a physical therapist. She did this massaging so I am not too sure if the oil or massaging that solved the problem.
- I got my MRI done and eyes tested thoroughly. As expected, all is well on that front (but doesn't hurt to get it checked)
Post back if you have any question.
Diagnosed March 2007 with left sided UC at the age of 30.
Colazal 9 daily, Imuran, 200mg daily, Vit. B12, 1mg, Multivitamin, 1 tablet daily, Fish oil 2400mg daily, Vit D 2000 IU daily.
Verapamil 320mg for migraine, Migraine episode now at least 4X a month,
Nabumetone 750mg as an abortive, so far so good with GI side effects.