Wolfehound22, yesterday, my doc set me up with all of the needed tests before remi can be given: chest xray, tb test, and a hepatitis test. I'll get those done soon. He said see you in 3 weeks for another flex-sig, as my symptoms are not all that bad (1-2 actual bms a day, and perhaps another time or two that I run to the bathroom and either nothing happens or I just fart or whatever). I was quite surprised by this as I figured he would schedule the remi infusion right away. As the last time I spoke with him it sounded like that for sure.
He did increased my 6mp dose at the beginning of April and he wants to give that more time, and have another look at my progress before prescribing Remi. He says if my colon looks like raw hamburg when he looks up there again then its Remi for sure haha.
They are going to have in-house remi infusions at my GI's office around 3-4 weeks from now which will save me major $$$ if I need to get it done. As my insurance charges only a $30 copay for remi infusions done in my gi's office, vs a $3,000 deductible if it is done in the hospital. He says there is no harm in waiting a little longer as my symptoms are not that bad and there is a chance that 6mp alone might be enough if given more time. So it is wait and see I guess.
35 yrs old; flare since 1/1/2013 w/3 daily bms;
Rx: Daily 75mg 6MP + 5g Lialda + 4g Rowasa + 30mg Prednisone
Diet: Diet mods and supplements haven't done a thing for me.
Last Scope: 4/30/2013 moderate/severe inflammation to 45cms
Dx: 2-2012 ulcerative proctosigmoiditis
"You, my friend, have never been in remission during the time I've known you; inflammation in every scope" - my GI
Post Edited (iPoop) : 5/15/2013 7:21:27 AM (GMT-6)