Different people take it differently.
I know Stereo takes it as a tea.
I use slippery elm powder every day ( organic kind).
Before remission, I used to use it 3 x a day, after each meal.
Now I just use it once a day after dinner.
I prefer to take it this way, as a "cocktail":
This is the daily "cocktail" I make:
- 1 teaspoon of slippery elm powder
- add to room temp filtered water, about 1-2 oz.
- add 1 sachet of VSL (o other probiotic)
- you can add a drop of honey if you like
mix all really well, squashing the lumps of slippery elm against the glass
with the back of the spoon to smooth out texture, it should be "gel" like
and drink it down
BUT if it gets too thick, then add a little more water
Note: that you have to take slippery elm 2 hours apart from meds to prevent
As to handling your Diarrhea issues, I would suggest L-Glutamine amino acid powder, and here's how to take it:
1) if you have diarrhea, take 1 heaping teaspoon (about
5g) in a little water or juice on an empty stomach
2) for long term colonic repair, take 10-15 g per day ( I add it to my
morning protein shakes)
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
And feel free to email me if you like.