Welcome to the forum.
Sorry your son is suffering so much.
It's a double whammy for him, and it's going to be a tough adjustment.
Hopefully his symptoms can calm down before he starts school.
I would suggest you look into Paleo, for me it always worked better than SCD.
Also, other things you can do:
1) Make sure his vitamin d3 levels are good ( hi 50's at least) as there is big correlation between low levels and IBD
2) Also make sure his b12 are good, celiac affects b12 big time
3) is he on any probiotics, those are very important
4) you can add slippery elm powder to coate the intestinal tract
5) l-glutamine amino acid can help with colonic repair and also with diarrhea ( taken on empty stomach)
6) make sure you get enough protein into him, he needs it as a growing boy
7) look into LDN, low dose naltrexone, its' cheap and virtually no side efffects ( safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding) - It put me in remission!
Anyway, if any of this interests you, there are things IMO that you can control, which will have a direct impact on
your disease, the symptoms you experience and their severity.
I was able to control my UC into remission through various
supplements, probiotics, diet modification, and LDN , low dose
For more info on the protocol which has put me into remission,
please go to this link: https://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=38&m=1666318 , and look at the 11th post.
I hope your son feels better and let us know how we can help
Rx meds didn't help me. But 4.5 mg LDN +Paleo diet +supplements=REMISSION.Protein shakes w/almond milk,Maca powder,L-Glutamine,D-Ribose,chia seeds.VSL#3,K2,VIt. D3,slippery elm bark powder.For more info,my protocol is the 11th post at this link: https://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=38&m=1666318
If you have any questions, you can find my email address at my profile.