I would discontinue ingesting any creatures ASAP. It may not be a coincidence. I find it fascinating that doctors make up their own ideas based on facts and come up with opposing viewpoints on the same subject. Often the patients take the viewpoints of their doctors as medical fact. What I mean is one doctor says you should take 6mp along with Remicade so that you don't build up antibodies against the Remicade, therefore your treatment plan will work better. Another doctors says no, don't take both at once because it will increase you chances of getting cancer.
Sadly, it is my belief that they are both actually correct. Unfortunately, I think far too many doctors downplay the risks of cancer (and other significant side effects), quoting us percentages. Yes, maybe 10% sounds like a small percentage and that there is a 90% chance that nothing bad will happen to you side effect wise. Those sound like really good odds - except for those in the 10%. When you think about
it when you talk about
that 10% and consider there are literally hundreds of thousands of people worlwide that are taking these drugs for a number of different conditions, that means there are actually tens of thousands of people around the world who will experience significant side effects, including cancer. What if your doctor told you that 30,000 people got cancer or another significant side effect from doing this and then asked you if you wanted to give it a try? What would you say, "Hell no!". But, instead, they give you the old story about
the odds are really very low that something could happen.
I also say that many doctors overlook your overall health picture as it is their goal to treat you for the reason you came to them, in our case UC. It is their job to treat you for UC and that's what they concentrate on. If you should come down with cancer due to a treatment then all they have to do is refer you to an Oncologist and that person can treat you for your cancer. It's that simple in their mind. After all it's not them that came down with cancer. It's you!