Some meds work for some and not for others.
For me, the traditional meds failed me and the mesalamines I
became intolerant of.
And when the doc gave me a choice of surgery or remicade, I
balked and had to find my own way.
He also told me diet has nothing to do with UC, but I found
that it has a great deal to do with exacerbating its symptoms!
I found that by doing these things it helped control my
symptoms by 75%:
1) adequate high intake of vitamin d3 ( need to get your
levels checked first) - i make sure my levels remain in the high 60's
2) probiotics are key, are you on any? i take several different kinds
3) slippery elm powder to coate the intestinal tract helped
4) l-glutamine amino acid powder for long term colonic
5) food combining
6) diet modification as in gluten and dairy free
7) whey protein shakes made with almond milk
The Last 25% was taken care of by LDN, low dose naltrexone,
which put me in remission.
If any of this interests you, there are
things IMO that you can control, which will have a direct impact on your
disease, the symptoms you experience and their severity.
I was able to control my UC into remission through various
supplements, probiotics, diet modification, and LDN , low dose
For more info on the protocol which has put me into remission,
please go to this link: https://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=38&m=1666318 , and look at the 11th post.
I hope you feel better and let us know how we can help