I did a lot of blood testing lately and it turned out that I have low testosterone (183ng/dl). I never thought of it but after looking at the number and connecting the dots, it probably makes sense.
- I have been gaining weight for almost a year, and losing equal amount of muscle (I attributed this to long, 6 month, course of Prednisone).
- Most likely, I have borderline depression (at the same time, I am pretty stressed for a wide variety of issues).
- I get tired pretty quickly.
- Over the period of last 5 to 6 months, I do not sleep more than 6 hours at night. This used to be exactly 8 hours in the past. My initial suspicion was sleep apnea. As I gained weight, I started snoring.
- It didn't affect my s ex drive, as touted on TV advertisements.
If this persists, I will go to the urologist/endocrinologist, but I am putting it here just in case anyone has similar issues and if there is a remote chance that it is connected to UC or the medications we take. I definitely do not want to pump up testosterone. I am in mid-30s.
Thanks in advance.
Dx 03/2007, left sided UC.
Sulfasalazine 1.5gm, Vit. B12, 1mg, Multivitamin, 1 tablet, Fish oil 2400mg , Butyrate 2-3 caps, Vit D 2000 IU, Benebiotics 2caps, Folic acid 1mg. Canasa
Verapamil 320mg for migraine,
Nabumetone 750mg as an abortive, so far so good with GI side effects.
iHerb code BMV549
$5/$10 off on $20/$40 first purchase
Post Edited (deltaforce) : 5/7/2014 11:20:02 AM (GMT-6)