You are probably histamine intolerant. Many UC'rs are low on the digestive enzyme DAO (even when in remission), which helps metabolize excess dietary histamines. Most alcohols are high in histamines. If you intake more histamines than you have DAO, you will essentially have a histamine overdose, which can give you allergic reactions, one of them being diarrhea, and then you will get better after this overdose has gone away. Since taking the digestive enzyme DAO before ingesting things high in histamines, this no longer happens to me. I don't drink much alcohol but it does help me with high histamine foods.
Intersting Gary. Never heard of that. Are you taking DAO in a supplement? Where do you get it? Maybe I'll give it a shot.
But as most people mentioned in this thread, best solution is probably to cut back on the booze. Will be tough, I love my beer.