I went to a rheumatologist this week and I am waiting on a definite diagnosis, but he gave me literature and is leaning toward ankylosing spondylitis. If this is the case, he said he would be making a suggestion to my GI for a medicine change.
I am currently on Colazal. Sulfasalazine is one of the possibilities I think, but sulphur containing foods don't always agree with me so I'm not sure how I would do with a sulpha drug. I think some of my other options may be methotrexate - I'm thinking I could maybe add it to what I'm taking) Otherwise, it's Remicade, Humira, Simponi. I don't know which one of the bunch is better for side effects. Embrel and Cmzia is also used, but I don't know about
for UC too. Entyvio would probably be my choice if I had to go biologic, but I don't know if it is for UC only and not ankylising spondylitis. Also is am wondering about
LDN as a possibility. I just want to make an informed decision if need be and any thoughts. Also any other tips for those that also suffer from AS would also be appreciated.
Post Edited (UCandMe) : 10/6/2014 3:34:21 PM (GMT-6)