Have any of you had experience of a Spray Dye Colonoscopy?
I had a normal colonoscopy a year ago which showed mild disease in 3 patches, and on my recent flare my GI suggested another colonoscopy.
On the advice of this forum I decided to give rectal Asacol a chance and increased my Pentasa before going through with another Colonoscopy and the accompanied liquid intake. I refused the colonoscopy on that basis, and then he suggested a flexi-sig. I still said no.
Since then my symptoms have settled - I no longer have bleeding or mucus, and the stools are now normal – going 3 times a day – amazing! I will continue on Oral Pentasa and Asacol Suppositories for another month then taper down to my normal dose and do a Faecal Calprotectin Test to check the trend.
The GI is now saying I should do a Spray Dye Colonoscopy as it's been 8 years since my disease. If it isn't one thing then it is another!
I don't want to risk another flare up; any advice guys? Or should I just go through with it?
Post Edited (LondonRed) : 9/14/2015 10:25:22 AM (GMT-6)