Pros at pooping blood, I would like your advice. I have an appt with a GI on Thursday. Doctors here in Belgium are the worst
at asking questions, so I need to spew all the info they need more or less on my own with no prompting. I humbly request your opinion on what additional info I should be supplying the specialists to help them figure out why I'm turning the toilet bowl into the set of the shining on the regular.
This is a bit late because I've been trying my best to deny the entire situation is happening at all... So, I'll just jump right into it...bms:
- generally formed, usually once every day or two, sometimes up to 3-4 days between bms
- Frequently, I have 'consta-rrhoea' -- 48-96 hours of no poop, to end with a bit of a hard nugget and then something more like diarrhoea. Bristol types 5-7 are possible
- There is urgency with every bm. If I can feel that there is poop, I won't go out until it's happened. Poop is not to be gotten rid of until my body has decided it's time. I have ~5 minutes to get to a toilet once my body had decided. Close to the 5 minute mark there is cramping accross my whole abdomen and it feels like something is repeatedly ramming onto my tailbone -- a sharp stabbing pain, or twisting a towel on my left side
- When I have to push a little (bristol 1,2, or 3) there is slight discomfort, or slight scratchy feeling (they tend to be THICK) but never, ever blood. Having to push just a little the whole time is my guarantee that there won't be blood :D
- When it's softer, everything just evacuates quickly with uncontrollable cramping any and everywhere in my abdomen
- Frequently, abdominal cramping is coupled with potentially crying level stabbing pain high in the abdomen (line between my ribs)
- Frequently leaves me with nausea and all-over belly discomfort
- Sometimes there's undigested food (plant matter) and other times, same meal as leftovers, there is not
- Bristol 1,2,3's can have visible white/clear-ish 'feathers' which I assume are mucous
- sometimes there seems to be just a few drops of clear fluid to wipe when there isn't a bm and I've gone pee that isn't urine
- I use cheep-o rough and hella absorbant tp and have never had problems with tenderness (except the c-scopy prep. I was chaaaaaaapped ;_; )
comes in a few varieties -- always with a bristol 5 or higher
- sometimes I only notice blood on wiping (several wipes worth, but it doesn't drop into the bowl)
- sometimes droplets in water after bm
- sometimes in stool?
- Sometimes on stool... it's hard to tell at times when there's also blood droplets in the water
- sometimes enough to obscure vision of bm at bottom of bowl
- frequently enough to make the water 'red' and no longer 'pink'
- sometimes when I go pee blood leaks out (hours after a bm)
- sometimes when I turn to look the blood is already completely mixed, and other times it looks like there are ribbons of blood throughout the bowl slowly mixing
- rarely, after having a bloody bm earlier in the day, I will have a fart with blood (the search term 'bloody fart' lead me to this website...)
- I may also have blood dripping and causing what I used to think was spotting... Not 100% sure about this as I realized this possibility 1 week ago
- always with a pure 5 or 6, never with 7 or a 'mixed with formed'
- always instant-mixed with bowl water
- seems like quite a bit of blood when this happens -- shotglass or so, maybe more
- I write it down as 'midnight blue/dark grey murky water'
- definitely not from iron or other foods that can make stool dark
- always insta-mixed with bowl water
- most rare type of blood in water, once every 2-3 months
- only seen with semi-formed bm 5 or 6's
I have pictures to show the GI. My husband prints them out at work :D I can show if you think I'm not describing things well...Pain:
*I have near constant abdominal discomfort. Pressure makes it worse and will up the discomfort to true dull, aching pain. I now wear nothing with non-elastic waistbands, preferably in a size or even two too large for me.
*I get a stabbing, cramping pain at the corners of an imaginary box: just inside of the pelvis about
1/2 way up the ridges, and just at the edge of the ribs directly above it. Also in a rainbow shape above and to the sides of my navel.
*the only way to make the pain subside is to not eat for several days (this happens every month or two, and I call it a 'nothing but mint tea and softly fizzy mineral water' phase)
*I get this pain when I try and hold back poop (ha, ha ha ha ha ha... the very notion that it's possible XD ), but also randomly
*Sometimes when walking (only time I've noticed it) I will get cramping or intense pain around my tailbone
[/list]General Medical History:
*~14 years ago: first sighting of blood in toilet. Told 'it's prolly just haemorrhoids' by my mother. Periodically had blood with bm, never for more than 2.
2 years ago I've been having several weeks in a row where I count the number of non-bloody bm's instead of vice-versa, followed by a few weeks of non-bloody, rinse, repeat.
*digital exam (mid-Nov): My GP told me my butt is nice and soft and squishy and she couldn't feel any signs of haemorrhoids or fissures (we're now "Best Friends")
*C'scopy (mid-Dec): Came back 'perfectly normal'. Apparently took one biopsy and it's also
*GI: appt Thursday with the group at the research university that are specialized in IBD with a 'Indefinable/Inexplicable BRBPR' on my referral letter :D
*My aunt has Crohn's
*I have vitiligo
*I have low positive thyroid antibodies and am on ~100mg of mixed T3/T4. My mother has Hashimoto's, but no one has had the balls to call it what it is with me...
*I may have other endocrine problems, but I was so messed up from lack of thyroid hormone that it's hard to tell up from down until the dust settles in a few months
Please tell me it sounds like I'm going through a lot of effort to get a fissure or haemorrhoid found...
What other questions did/do your GI's ask you that you don't think I've answered in the horrible word vomit above?