My GI wants me to go for a MRE and Pouchoscope, and to consider changing from Stelara to another medication. He thinks the Stelara is not working for me with my recent symptoms. I've never had an MRE before, only a CT Scan but those don't really bother me too much.
when is that scheduled for?
I have heard MRE is not bad
just can get claustrophobic
wear headphones for the noise
do you need any prep?I haven't scheduled it yet, he emailed me last night recommending both procedures because of my symptoms. I'm not really looking forward to more tests. I think that I'd rather wait until after my next dose of stelara in 8 days before we decide on more procedures. But if he recommends them before my next dose then I'll schedule them.
My SED Rate is at 25 so I have some inflammation going on.
DX'd with Severe Pancolitis June 2005
Previous Meds: 5ASAs, Predisone, 6-MP. Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Cimzia & Cyclosporine
3-step J-Pouch surgery: 2013 & 2014
Current Condition: Chronic Pouchitis -- Not as bad as I thought it would be
Current Meds: Stelara and Sulfasalazine
Post Edited (ks1905) : 6/15/2016 1:12:25 PM (GMT-6)