I think I am!!!
Just finished my second course of pred since November last week. One week later and flaring again. Urgency and frequency gone from 2-3 a day to 10 plus a day in less than a week.
So disappointed and fed up and frustrated!
Got a colonoscopy on the 26th May. So wish it as like tomorrow so I can find out extent and get something done about
I am taking 3g of salofalk granules and 2g salofalk enemas and have just stared asacol suppositories but am unable to hold the suppositories for very long.
I feel so frustrated because my consultant is very unsure about
azathioprine and biologicals due to my WBC always being around 3 but sometimes being as low as 0.7 and also I have had a malignant melanoma 3 years ago and also have a neuropathy.
I feel like I need to have a fight with my consultant to get something sorted. I have had loads of tests in haemotology and they say that I can have gcsf injections to stimulate my bone marrow if I need aza but my GI says he is concerned about
the side effects ( don't know if he mean the aza or the GCSF)
I need a plan.
Is it unreasonable to ask for more steroids until at least they decide what they are going to do with me?
The other thing that has annoyed me is that I had an appointment with my GI in july and it was then cancelled and put to 2nd August then I got a letter yesterday saying that one had been cancelled and no new one made.
Seriously thinking I need a second opinion.
To be able to get through the next few days in my teaching job do you think it would be safe to take immodium or codeine. What are the chances of getting megacolon. My last scope showed inflammation to distal descending colon. Just one little tablet will stop me going for the day.
Hate this disease!!!!!!!!!!
Post Edited (Mad Martha) : 5/15/2016 8:21:49 AM (GMT-6)