1. How long did it take you to maintain a stable remission?
2. Did you have set backs along the way?
3. Did you need to add anything to achieve remission besides the remicade?
4. How long have you been on it?
5. If you are on it but not in remission yet how long have you been trying for remission? Is it slowly healing you? And how long will you give it before moving on?
1. I had been in a raging flare for 5 years, ever since I was diagnosed. I started improving after the second loading dose, and continued gradual improvement over the first year. I'm not sure I actually recognized remission at first because I'd never experienced it before, but for sure I was in a stable remission at six months. I had a colonoscopy about
2 years after starting Remi, and it showed complete healing.
2. No setbacks until the past two months. I've started having much less solid stools.
3. I was on Aza when I first started Remicade; my doctor took me off when the stats started coming out about
the combination therapy being associated with lymphoma in some people. Remission didn't change when I got off the Aza. (I had been on it since before I started Remi, and it never did anything for me.)
4. I had my first dose in March, 2006. So just over ten years.