They wanted me on remicade, but I was just diagnosed this year. Felt way too soon. I asked them to let me try this my own way and in a month I am getting a flex sig to confirm remission. To me, biologics seemed too much too soon. I feel like they are pretty intense and a step under surgery. They do help many people, but the side effects scared me. Either way, I've avoided them. My functional RD thinks it's my diet and supplements. I do wish you luck with whatever you decide.
My GI has been pushing remicade even at my last appointment where they told me I'm doing very well after a hospital stay and even scheduled my scope to confirm healing. So why still push remicade? Well, there's a database out there where you can search your doctor's name (s) to see which pharmaceutical companies they get money from, how much, and for what. Guess which company was the only company my GI got money from? Yup, the makers of remicade.
Thanks for sharing your story. Unfortunately, the link in your signature and profile violates the HW terms because you sell items on that website. Although the site itself is a great resource, we can not allow the promotion of items for sale through HW.
Please remove the link from your signature and profile.
In my opinion, you should do what you think is best for you. If you're doing well doing what you're doing, then no one should tell you to do something else. Take it one day at a time and be thankful that you're having a great remission right now. In the future you may need to consider stronger drugs, but you may not, hopefully you don't. Best of luck!