Hey! So my patch went from a 1 inch quarter to a 2 inch segment. I knew the foam wasn't cutting it. So we are going to try alternating Cort enemas and Rowasa. See how things go for a bit and then drop cort and see if I can stay stable on Rowasa. Hold on Rowasa for a bit and then try and taper.
I followed your most recent flare and you had added Rowasa and then doubled it. Can you tell me what kind of schedule you followed? I'm assuming you got stable and stayed on the enemas for a bit...but how long before you attempted tapering? And what did you base it on...meaning when did you think it was time?
We are also talking about
adding in Lialda or upping 6 mp...any thoughts here?
I've been fighting this patch for 3 years (the biggest it was was 4 in). The last year has been pretty stable but I haven't been able to get off steroid rectals in 8 months. I'm on a double dose of remicade and 50 mg of 6 mp but its not holding me once I try and taper the enemas. So in reality the steroid enemas aren't bridging anything? Does that make sense?
I know your last flare was similar with similar meds...minus the steroid side of the enemas.
I'm trying to get to a stable point even if I need to stay on Rowasa...but trying to get off the steroid rectals. The baby is coming in 5 months and before she arrives we will decide on surgery or attempting another biologic...but my heart wants off the UC rollercoaster. In the 5.5 years I've had this disease I've had an 14 month remission and then in the last 3 years only 6 months. My body beats out the drugs every time
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Diagnosed Nov 2012 after birth of first child, Left sided UC
Visbiome 450 billion, prenatal vitamin, vit D, biotin, fiber, enemas only if needed
You gotta learn to dance in the rain