Remission is when your immune system that is in overdrive at the moment calms down and gives you a relief from the symptoms you are currently experiencing. If you want to achieve that and you are not one of those lucky ones, you need to research carefully what others have reported in the past. Make a list of those strategies, how to implement and then try out one by one.
In my case, I modified my lifestyle significantly. Changed the diet completely. First, I went on something like almost DIY elemental diet. Something like /www.integrativepro.com/Products/Gastrointestinal/Physicians-Elemental-Diet
is available now. Any food that will give you your daily need of nutrients without giving any effort to your GI system to work.
- Religiously used my rectal medications, be it a steroid, be it mesalamine. For months, I did steroid in the afternoon and mesalamine at night.
- Removed every food that was remotely known to cause trouble, even if a single person reported the problem, I removed it (and thats how I reached to something like I linked above).
- Added many known supplements to help gut healing, like glutamine, NAG etc (GI Revive is best go to if you are overwhelmed.)
- Started researching gut flora modification. Started with soluble fibers and probiotics.
- Eventually added insoluble fibers/prebiotics.
- Played around with these fibers for 14 months to figure out how they suit me, doses, frequency, combinations etc.
- Continued limited foods with a prebiotic mix on daily basis.
The result, maintaining remission 5 years in, touch wood it stays like it is.
This is how it helped me. It may not help you at all, but go back to older threads like form 2011 onwards and see what folks have reported. See what is doable for you, take a leap of faith.
Don't forget cannabis extracts. I never tried it but if you are in a legal state, give it a shot.