I have a scope this Tuesday at 8 am to see what is going on. My own doctor has been out of town for 3 weeks and I have been working with the doctor covering for him. He thinnks I have become steroid refractory and I have been on 40 mg of pred now for 2 weeks. Haven’t seen any bleeding since and I’m only going 1-2 times a day with excellent stool quality but every time I taper below 30 mg the bleeding comes back, full on liquid, big clots, scary stuff! We did all the blood work to start 6 mp and are waiting until the scope to make a decision in case they think I need something faster acting. I also have appointments with 3 new gi’s in the next few months at the suggestion of the doctor covering for mine (and my husband’s Step father who is a GI at UCSD). I am going to shop around for someone I really like, although I like my doctor, he is retiring in June and I need a plan in place.
That being said I have a couple of questions, (and I will call my doctor who is back at work tomorrow and doing my scope Tuesday):
1, the day of the prep should I bother taking all 4 of my 5ASA’s, I’m just going to poop them all out, right?
2, I should wait until after my scope to take the pred and the 5ASA, right? Last time I was scoped I was just on two lialda and doing great so I waited until after the scope. My last scope in late 2015 was really good. Thanks!
Edited for typos
Post Edited (momto2boys) : 1/8/2019 10:58:49 AM (GMT-7)