Hey, I’m finishing up my pred taper right now “med free” meaning I entered remission with lifestyle as my maintenance medication... here’s what worked for me. When the flare was bad I too had the same bowel habits as you, morning and middle of the night
0. Vitamin D 5,000 IU 2x day to calm inflammation
1. Had my pcp prescribe a benzodiazepine only while on prednisone. Ativan 0.5mg as needed. Life safer. No racing thoughts and can feel calm when I go to bed.
2. CBD before bed, or with your last meal. I found “healthy” gummies to work well, as well as suppositories, knock me right out. CBN is apparently healthy for sleep, worked ok for me.
3. Last meal by 8pm.
4. Light yoga and some light caring abdomen massage before you get into bed Whisper to your belly and set an intention that will sleep soundly with no dream poopies.
5. Meditation, try Headspace, or there is a really lovely sleep meditation On YouTube that always knocks me out.
6. Probiotic veggies during the day with meals. I’ve found health food store sauerkraut more beneficial than any probiotic pill bottle. Definitely aided in my healing and helped reduce bowel movements at night.
7. WimHof technique, cold showers and breathing exercises may help you reduce inflammation and improve your mood on pred. Careful though, the cold showers made me a little toooo excited while on pred, so I’ll take a half an ativan after if needed. No sense in suffering.
8. I ordered this product called GLR-6 from a company called Intestinal Fortitude. It’s a combination of intestinal healing herbs. They recommend taking 1 at night and working your way up to 4. I made it to two and I am extremely satisfied there.
9. Lemon balm tea or some type or organic Sleepy tea, ingredients like valerian, lavender and peppermint are soothing for your belly. Could help you relax before you get to bed.
10. Stay positive and continue to give yourself as much love as you possibly can.
Post Edited (mindoverbutter) : 5/11/2021 9:21:59 PM (GMT-6)