Well, I’ve got a GI appointment Monday. And I’m going to step down from 10/10 Xeljanz, tomorrow morning, to 5/5.
I’m doing this on my own decision…
I hope this is ok to do this? I’m not aware of having to taper down off Xeljanz 10/10 and I can just jump down to 5/5.
I would completely stop taking the Xeljanz tomorrow morning, but I think it’s best to discuss this with my GI, and not just go cold turkey off it on my own.
I’m just exhausted. I’ve been on the Xeljanz 10/10 (taking 10 mg morning and 10 mg at night) since July 3rd. I have been taking prednisone 40 mg (20 morning and 20 at night), since 9/14, (it’s the night of 9/24) and I’m still just miserable. Still what I would call medium flaring. Plus mild to medium tenesmus since early September. The Progress to get well, is just very very slow. And I’m so disappointed.
Still a lot of cramping off and on throughout the day. That sends me to the toilet. Then the cramping while going ON the toilet. Probably averaging about
6 trips to the toilet a day.
Poop or diarrhea is brown. But I often see some light red mixed on the toilet paper and some mucus.
Sometimes in the toilet after I get up from a cramp session of sitting on the toilet, all I see is just small pieces of brown and some red in the bottom of the bowl. Argh. It’s just not working. I’m beyond frustrated.
Tylenol has helped a lot with the cramping pain that comes and goes.
I believe the Xeljanz is holding me back from feeling better. I think if I drop down to 5/5 (5 mg in the morning, and 5 mg at night of the Xeljanz), starting tomorrow morning, and I stay on the prednisone, I’ll have a much better day starting tomorrow.
The reason why I think this, is because there was a time in the past when I wasn’t on ANY maintenance drug at all, and I started flaring, and within three of four days of the 40 mg of prednisone, just the prednisone, I started to feel a LOT better.
So, why would that not be happening now… I’ve got to believe it is the Xeljanz, right?
My system just does not “like” that drug.
When I see my GI Monday afternoon at my appointment I’m going to ask him about
stopping the Xeljanz and starting remicade.
All appreciated. Thankful for everyone here.
Post Edited (Rusty Barr) : 9/24/2021 7:10:41 PM (GMT-6)