I had horrible joint pain coming off of Pred and off/on a few months after. It's gotten a lot better now and seems to come and go with inflammation but nothing as near as bad as when I was coming out of a flare so I think things will look up for you after you come out of the flare and things get better. I do take a small dose of pred 5 or 10 mg depending on the pain now and then if the joints flare up. It has an immediate effect of helping with the joint pain.
- 29 y/o male living in the DC Metropolitan region
- UC diagnosed - April, 2006 - symptoms came on sudden
- GI could not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the colonoscopy
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission
- 6 Colazal/day, 1 Multivitamin, Fish oil, Primal Defense Probiotics 2/day, Iron supplement when bleeding
- Use small dose (5-10mg) of prednisone occassionally to manage joint pain