Jackie it sounds like you have a great positive attitude. That'll get you through much in life. I think we all approach this at various levels based on our level of sickness and present state of mind, but I like you like to be positive and keep hope alive that with trying different things and doing what we know we should we can improve our condition. I know some however have it bad and it's just a tough disease to deal with. Thanks for the update.
- 29 y/o male living in the DC Metropolitan region
- UC diagnosed - April, 2006 - symptoms came on sudden
- GI could not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the colonoscopy
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission
- 6 Colazal/day, 1 Multivitamin, Fish oil, Primal Defense Probiotics 2/day, Iron supplement when bleeding
- Use small dose (5-10mg) of prednisone occassionally to manage joint pain