I have a question: I was diagnosed in April and have been flaring since January. My GI put me on Asacol, and I had a huge baaaad reaction, I tried cort-enima (Which is the same 5 ASA med) and reacted supper horribly again (you may have read one of my threads that was titled "Asacol intolerance?")
Anyway, My GI said that it's all in my head and that if he gave me a plecibo I may react the same way (needless to say I am currently looking for a new GI) So he gave me a perscription for pentasa which is the same family of 5 ASA meds, but I am sooooo scared to try it in fear that I will react the same way again. (And frankly, each of the 3 times that I reacted to the 5 ASA meds, I had to be off work for 1-3 days, and I just can't bear to think about going through the pain and sickness all over again) So as it stands now I am debating filling this "Pentasa" perscription, I am on absolutly no meds and It may be months before I can see a different GI What do you think I should do???
diagnosed April 2007
Have been flaring since January 2007
Probiotics, daily & Suplements
Was taking asacol but stopped because it made me too sick, Tried 1 week of prednisone-Nothing
currently waiting for my GI appointment to try something new. ????