I went for my yearly woman's exam and (I already knew this) but the nurse practitioner found I had a hernia. I will have to have surgery (darn) to correct this and was wondering if any of you have had experience with non-colon surgery during a flare. I would like to wait several months to have this done and maybe then I would be in remission but I don't know how feasible that would be. I turn 50 on Friday and I feel like everything is falling apart!
left-sided colitis diagnosed after 3rd pregnancy 11 years ago: was in remission for 5 years
Current UC Meds: 12 Asacol per day
1 Rowasa enema at night
Other Meds: Lipitor, Multi-vitamin, asadophilus, cinnamon capsules
In a flare since the middle of April