i started taking imuran 3 weeks ago while in the hospital. this forum and all of your posts are what made me agree to taking it in the first place. so many people have had good results that i said ok...
BUT... i just saw my doctor this thursday and got off of them. i decided that i want to have a baby this coming year and i will not do it on imuran. too many chances of malformation and other really bad problems for baby. not gonna take the risk.
i figured since i was only on it for 3 weeks and it takes about
3 months to start working, i better just get off it now and see how my health goes. my flare seems to be clearing up pretty quick on the 50mg of prednisone at the moment. (and the 200mg of hydrocortisone injections a day in the hospital)
i figure, if i stay healthy and get better then great. i dont need the imuran and i can get pregnant. if my health declines in the next month (birth control shot wears off in middle of dec) then i will get back on the imuran and wait a few years to have a baby.
so that is where im at. im not against imuran and if i didnt want to get preggers, then i would stay on it..
Can you alter your signature to 10 lines or less per forum rules, please Thank you!
Post Edited By Moderator (Red_34) : 11/10/2007 5:28:18 AM (GMT-7)